-well, no.. you can't see the future. There is some people who are more intuitive than others and use their gift.
- Only if this was true... you can not see someone feelings in the cards.
3. The cards is powerful?
- No, the cards do not have powers at all. Tarot is only 78 cards of paper which happend to have pretty art on them. The beholder of the power is YOU. You have the power to do the changes in your life, the cards can't do that for you.
On the other side you can have powerful tarot reading through the messages - because you get messages that you need to hear.
4. You can only use a tarot deck that has been given to you?
I can understand why myths like this comes from because way back in the day Tarot was very expensive and it for those with money and power who could afford tarot decks. I don't remember who said it, but when Visconti family had their Tarot deck made due to the marriage between Maria Visconti and Franscisco Szorfa, the tarot was given as a party gift. Price of a Tarot in those days was equal to a Ipad is today
5. Tarot is witch craft/it is magickal/devil's work?
There are people who want you to believe that the church banned the Tarot because it is "evil". The church was against alot of card plays and dices an all that good stuff because it was seen as gambling. Anything like this you can win money off was seen as a bad thing.
6. You have be a psychic to be tarot reader?
7. You are doomed on what the cards says?
8. You have to wrap the cards in silk?
- It is YOUR deck(s) so you want with them, if you want wrap them up with silk, go ahead.. you can even have them in bags out of cloth if you like, nylon, wooden box or the box they came in... or you can store them like they is on the shelf.
9. You shall not give yourself a reading?
10. There are only one way to read the card?
11. You are the only one who can touch the cards?
12. Death means that someone is going to die?
- Most often this is not true.. Death means change, transformation, one door closes and another door opens.. very very rarly it mean someone is going to die.That has happend to me once in all of the years of tarot reading.
14. You have to do a ritual before you do a reading?
-no, You do what feel natrual to you, If you want to light some tea ligt, burn some inscense, use a tablecloth that Great grandmother used the she had the family over for sunder dinners.. You do what represent you.
15. Tarot is always right?
16. The age of tarot?
-Tarot has been rumored to be as old as the pyramids and connected to Egypt but there is no solid fact for that. This rumor seems to have begun along with the first mention of Tarot as a mystical tool by Antoine Court de Gebelin. De Gebelin was a French occultist who linked Tarot to ancient Egypt in his book published in 1781. Many other major influences in Tarot also followed de Gebelin. This included names like Eliphas Levi, Arthur Edward Waite and even Aleister Crowley. There simply is no factual basis to this thought. There is evidence of cards being used for divination as early as 1540 in a book called The Oracles of Francesco Marcolino da Forli. And Casanova noted in his infamous diary that his Russian mistress often did divination with a deck of playing cards.
What we do know is that the first deck can be traced to Italy in the 15th century. Between 1410 and 1430 in Milan, Ferrera or Bologna. This first deck was when an artist added trump cards, "carte de trionfi" or "triumph cards" featuring faces of the Visconti and Sforza families as a wedding gift. This answer is taken from tarot myths by Arwen Lynch and you can find the post here.
17. Pregnant women shall NOT have a reading
18. Every reversed cards are negative?
- No, negative cards isn't always negative or positive cards isn't always positive - up right or reversed
19. You can not trust anyone who read tarot
20. The cards are dangerous, you can "lose you marbles"
- I have heard this few years ago, but no. I was talking to someone and he told me that his sister (or sister-in-law) was to a tarot reader and she wasn't the same afterwards and she needed serious help by the proffesionals... I am so tempted to let the bitch in me come out and say that she had lost her marbles long before she visited a tarot reader.
Blessed be and merry see,