fredag 12. januar 2018

Day 12 - What started you to reading tarot? Why did you continue to read

Hello and merry meet,

How are you doing? I'm very thankful for that you stoped by my blog today:)


We are now on day 12 on #31daysoftarot and I want to tell you how I came about to read tarot.
I believe Molly Storm asked this question today

First time I heard of the word Tarot I don't remember how old I was, but I could be something between 8 to 12 years old from a cousin of mine who was angry at this reader.

The story behind this was a friend who visited this reader who told him that he wouldn't see his 25th Birthday and he died in a car crash on his 25th Birthday.

I remember thinking: Can you see this from some cards? I want to see these cards and I want to learn these cards. I have always been interested in the clairvoyance, tarot, paranormal and all the good stuff.

This was pre-computer age so I couldn't look online, I didn't know of any stores which had tarot and so on. The word tarot got stuck in back of my head for several years.

When I was in my early/mid 20's, I did stumble across the "tarot" by Jane Lyle and no name brand Tarot deck which was sold as a set. The tarot deck was copy of the Raider Waite deck. I bought it and started to study tarot.. Optimistic, no decipline, no structure and so on :)

I see now what the problem was, but at the time I became more and more confused because I couldn't remember the meaning of the cards, like a lot of books it had some spreads and it was "The Gypsy" which has 21 cards, the classics "the Celtic Cross", "Tree of Life" and "The horseshoe". I started with the Gypsy spread... I know, FAILURE!

For some reason I thought that I couldn't read tarot since I didn't remember the meanings, I know now that was wrong because this Raider Waite deck wasn't for me, here I am almost 15 years older I still don't get Raider Waite.

One turning point for me was that I put down a six month spread and I don't remember what cards I got, but I do remember I got the death card (It doesn't mean a physical death, but a transformation - a door closes and another opens) and I put away the card and forgot all about it really, between 3 to 6 weeks later my mom passed away. Did I read this in the cards? No, I still don't. Because my mom had terminal cancer and she was in her last stage. BUT my reaction was the timeline of it all.
I did spreads and kept up with the reading, but not as often as earlier - Suddenly I experienced a a card disappeared, and another and another.. When I was missing 10 cards I thought F****K it. Then I used tarot deck in art and book marks. I didn't buy another deck because I didn't think I could learn.
I still watched documentaries, read what I came over and did my study's.

In December 2014 I came across Anne Stoke's Gothic tarot and I bought my first deck in 15 years.. It really took off... I bought decks (I even bought couple of Raider Waite - Which I to gifted one to my bestie :) ) and books and it really open a new and a wonderful world for me :) and I binge watching tarot vids on You Tube :)
In my case all I needed was change the deck.

Blessed be and merry see,

Love, Susann

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Happy Easter/Ostara

Hello Sun children and merry meet How are you all doing and I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter or Happy Ostara in the northern hemisph...