onsdag 7. februar 2018

Doreen Virtue

Hello everyone and merry meet.

How are you doing in these days and I hope you are doing great. We are almost in the mid February and I always say this, but the time flies so fast.. I don't dare to blink because before I know it, it will be Easter/Ostara or Yule/Christmas.

Today I want to talk about Doreen Virue (I know I am very late to the party) and how she has made a shock and chaos in the community.
I must been living under a rock because I came across this topic few weeks ago.. I got this respons video to Doreen Virtue (I can't remember who it was) as a recommended for me. Many people are confused because D.V took the video down some time later. For those who did see this was like... "wow... okey..."  For what I could understand  She came across as judgemental against tarot community. I found a video of her where she talk about her journey and I wonder if this is the right video. I will link it below.

While I was watching this video I got a ooookeeeeyy- moment. At the end she are telling that she have found the real Jesus and there is a faux Jesus on earth. I don't know know how to respond to this, yet I have so much to say about this. To me it sounds like she is only one who has the truth and she is the light.. while everybody is in the dark. My first thought was my blog post about the Christian cash cow. 


She has been created her name for herself by holding courses, audiobooks, Tarot deck/Oracle deck and she is a published author. We can agree that she branded the hell out of her name!


I saw in a interview with her and she told her story where no one wanted to publish her first deck and she really had to work hard at it. Today her books and Tarot/oracle decks are tranlated to so many languages.
What I can understnad the spirituality so available as it is today. I mean it wasn't so open and public - I talk about myself, here in Norway, and the time I grew up in the 70/80's.

Doreen Virtue has 50+ books about angels, faeries, indigo children, ascended masters under her belt and that alone is impressive, She has built up her business and she have been very successful doing it. She have been doing this for 25+ years so she are no newbie at this.

Somewhere in 2016/2017 she changed her mind and she "discovered" Jesus all over again. Previous years she has been in YouTube with weekly reading and I must say that I wasn't a slave these videos, but I popped in every once and a while. She had upbeat message and some talk about angels and God.
She always talked about Jesus, angels and her christian path, butI wasn't so surprised when she came out as a reborn christian... But she has always talked about God and divine messages.

As she told the community that she found Jesus and wanted to devote her life  to Him and his work with the same breath she said that she didn't believe in tarot or oracle. She directly said if you have the ascended masters book/deck, donate it or better yet.. get rid of it. She is redoing the book and cards so it be in line of Jesus' work.

I have watched so many videros on You Tube where people are upset, confused and even angry, with good reasons. Many are confused because she has turned her back on her students, followers, the community and she goes so far to say that this type of devination are evil...

Her courses is on the pricey side, around $450 to $500 each course, and many people have paid hard earned money to her seminars, online courses and all that - she helped people to connect to their spirituality and these people (most likely not everyone, I think a good amount of them) has started their own business in line around her teachings.
So now what? Basically she tell every one of her students thank you for the money, but the courses is not worth it anymore - this is my opinion.

I do have two of her books which I will read sometime this year. I have the angel tarot which she did together with Radleigh Valentine. I have healing oracle, Past life Oracle, Butterfly Oracle. What I will do with them? I will use the Angel Tarot as meditation tool/card of the day. But I will use the Oracle cards in my weekly oracle reading.

We also have to remember that she have done a lot good in this community and she have beautiful decks out there. She have knocked down some doors for the rest of us...



 Like I promised, here is the link to video :



Till next time blessed be and merry see,

Love, Susann

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Happy Easter/Ostara

Hello Sun children and merry meet How are you all doing and I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter or Happy Ostara in the northern hemisph...