tirsdag 26. januar 2016

Topic of the day: Runes

Hello fairies :)
Today I want to talk a bit of runes.
I have always been interested in runes, vikings and Norse Mythology because it is a part of the Scandinavian history and Norwegian folklore.

I was searching on Ebay for runes, but I didn't want a set of runes like everybody elses. So I thought i would go to the beach find myself 24 stones... but it is winter and our beach is covered in snow and ice, I don't think so. I could cut off a branch... Did I mentioned it was winter, we have snow and we have few plus degrees? I have to forget those plans for another few months and let the trees come into summer mode first :)

LIGHTBULB!!!! I have few decorative stones that I have around candle lights, so I could use them. I get to use something personal and I didn't spend a lot of money:) yay.

What I did was separate the clear one from the purple... and suddenly I had two sets of runes. I took a super thin paintbush and painted the symbols with my gold nail polish just because I thought it would look better this way than with a black sharpie.

All I need to do now is to clense them and give them power.

I am looking forward to use them as a tool in my every day life.

You don't have to use a lot of money to practice magick or your religion. You may discover that things you believe in and things you have done for years, but didn't  knew there was a religion till now.

Where I live there are not a shop where I can buy incense, tarot decks, runes, books and all of that... not that I need it to practice my belief, but it is a helping tools. I can order stuff on the internet or I can get inventive with my stuff :) Order books online can be very expensive so I do the next best thing and I google a lot of thing and printing stuff out and I even search on Pinterest for things. library can be a good place to start. Then again they may not have a huge selection on books of witchcraft and such. You can also make own tarot deck, print it from the internet or if you are a crafter, you could get a good quality cardstock and make the 78 cards or oracle deck if you want. The positive side is that you get you own unique deck that no one else have and the size you want. The downside it may take some time to make them:)

I just wanted to show you all my little lightbulb moment (genious points for those of you who know said: LIGHTBULB!!)
I will leave you here, wishing  you a good day and I sending you some sunshine:)

Blessed be:)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Happy Easter/Ostara

Hello Sun children and merry meet How are you all doing and I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter or Happy Ostara in the northern hemisph...