mandag 5. desember 2016

Pagan challenge week 6 - What are your cultural inluences

Good morning little elves :)

How are you and I hope you are doing well. Prepping for Yule/Christmas/Hanukkah/kwanzaa? I wish you have a peaceful time in your celebration.

This week I want to write about who or what are my cultural influences.
I am a Norwegian and I feel a strong connection with the North Mythology.

There is some faily members who is digging in our family history.. Apperently Harald Hårfagre is my 42nd or 47th Great grandfather. Harald Hårfagre (Harald Fairhair) lived about 850-931
He was the first king of Norway (872-931) and he was the one who gathered Norway to one Kingdom.
I don't know if this is true or not, but think about it - The vikings was not the most faithful people - It is been said that Harald fairhair had 20+ kids with a heap of baby mamas..... that being said... who isn't related to a viking?

I seen a lot of YouTube videos on this and a lot of people who listed parents, grand parents and great grand parents. I must say I am glad to see people who know their family history and I am a bit sad because I don't know my history... One reason is that my mom was from Hardanger and my dad was from Sunndal and they lived here in Kristiansund, So I am 1st generation in this town. I only met my mom side of the family only three weeks in the summers and I met my dad's side more often and have better contact them. So I  have no idea who I look like, where I have my personality from, where does my interests comes from and why is that? is there any pagans in my family?
That is why I "forced"my son on to my parents... I wanted him to have memories of them when they wasn't around anymore.

When it comes to my family I know the basics like who is/was married to whom and their family. I do know my aunts and uncles, but in the same time I don't know them at all if you know what I mean. I just know them on the surface and it is a bit sad. My family history is a bit complex (on my part) and I won't explain further than this.


Blessed be

Susann





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Happy Easter/Ostara

Hello Sun children and merry meet How are you all doing and I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter or Happy Ostara in the northern hemisph...